Monday, January 14, 2008

I Couldn't Help Myself

This afternoon, I was sitting on the couch, quietly reading my newest Ann Rule book, "Smoke, Mirrors, and Murder",



while Ryan is playing and building with his Legos on the coffee table in front of me.



The TV is on, but the volume is fairly low and Kate is at her computer in the dining area.



As usual, I began to get a little sleepy as I read, and so I decided to close my book and lean over on the couch, as I pulled a sofa pillow under my head. I'm thinking I'll just doze here for 15 or 20 minutes and then get up and do something worthwhile. I don't know what, but I'm sure there is something worthwhile that needs doing in 15 or 20 minutes. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. I'm gone.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Meanwhile, Ryan must have noticed I was looking way too comfortable sleeping there quietly on the couch



because he decided to sneak up on me and right in my face, yell...
"B O O ! ! ! !...
Tee Hee!"




As you can imagine, I almost jumped out of my skin as Ryan stood there snickering.



"Ryan... that is mean." I told him.



"I'm sorry, Nanny. I couldn't help myself."




Gotta love him! He's a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment