Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Guh Lump Went The Little Green Frog

I thought I was ready for 2008, but with January, came the dreaded January blues. And I don't mean sky blue. I mean dark, dreary blue. If I sleep until noon another day, my muscles are going to atrophy. No kidding. Let's see, did I take my meds? You know any little deviation can throw me into a tail spin. Nope, it's just me. I'm just having the blues.



Since I have carried this on for going on two weeks, I decided to put an end to it and get up early this morning (well, 9:30 AM, sort of early) and start cleaning out stuff. Sometimes I get overwhelmed at the whole picture and so I decided to start with one area and work my way out. My work area. Too much stuff and not enough organization. By the end of the day, I was feeling pretty good about my progress and the best part about it all was that I hadn't stopped for a nap. (I love to sleep, OK?) Small steps is what I'm looking for. It was a productive day.



I did stop every now and then and check on my MS buds. I love reading everyone's blogs. Also, my good friend,
"The Mother" (Patrice and Dennis in Canada), I'm really worried about them, you guys. Please pray for Dennis. And pray for Patrice.


*****

So once again, I've been spending quite a bit of time reading another one of Ann Rule's best. OMG, "If You Really Loved Me" is totally bizarre! I've seen this particularly story on one of those crime shows on TV, but reading it, is absolutely bone chilling and impossible to put down. Ann Rule rules. How corny is that? She's awesome in my book.



*****

Anyway, this afternoon after Ryan got home from school he was playing with "Mr. Potato Head" at the coffee table while I was reading Ann Rule... again.



I noticed he was dancing around a little while he played and then he informed me that he would be right back because he was going to the bathroom to poop. I chuckled and said, "OK, take your time."



So he gets situated in the bathroom when all of a sudden, I hear him singing
"Guh...lump went the little green frog one day, guh...lump went the little green frog".



"Nanny, could you bring me a co-cola in a can?"



"Guh...lump went the little green frog one day, and the frog went guh...lump."

"Grandpa, don't turn the channel."



I guess he was planning on staying awhile. Sometimes you just can't hurry poop.



Oh yeah, for the record, I do not offer room service in the form of co-cola's to those sitting on the throne, even to my favorite little guy. I will, however, retrieve another roll of toilet paper, if necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment