Sunday, December 14, 2008

Big Smiles and Happy Faces!

We decided to have a little Christmas party tonight since Luke had his three kids for the weekend and we don't get to see them very much. They all arrived this afternoon with big smiles and happy faces ready to have a good time!



The children had grown so much since we last saw them. Gloria Lee, 9, wanted to paint a few Santa's and went straight to work on that after she gave me a hug and noted that she was almost as tall as me.



Lucas, 7, and Noah, 5, gave me big hugs and smiles and stood still for me to see how much they had grown. Ryan was so excited that they were all here and they immediately began playing.


At one point, Noah took a snack break from playing and sat at the counter talking to me. He looked around and told me that Grandma's are Christmassy.



Lucas stayed busy checking out all the toys in Ryan's room while Gloria Lee painted Santa's.



We all snacked on shrimp, chips and other goodies while Luke got supper going. Gloria Lee said the blessing before we ate our meal and our hearts were touched at her genuine heartfelt prayer. She spoke to Jesus as though he were seated at our table and I know Luke was more proud than ever before of his little girl.



Luke cooked the best pork tenderloin, rice and gravy, and saute'ed green beans you have ever put in your mouth! Everything was delicious, but the tenderloin was so juicy and tender you could cut it with a fork. The best I've ever had! Luke claimed that the meat had aged on the side of the road. Whatever . . . it was good.

I hated for the evening to end, but little ones get tired and they were traveling back to Savannah. Before they left, I asked, "Who is sleeping with Daddy?". Little Noah smiled the biggest smile and raised his hand as he said, "I am!"



Luke is the best Daddy in the world to his three children. They are the most important thing in his life and it is evident. Nothing else ranks as high. He loves his children with all his heart and they love and respect him in return. It's a very beautiful thing.



Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Carla!! If I don't talk to you before then, have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete