Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shootout at the BK Corral

I pulled up to the microphone at the fast food hamburger joint drive thru to order our food and rolled my window down to give my order. Before I could say a word, I heard POP, POP, POP, POP, POP coming from my back left tire. I'll just be damned! I had obviously just run over some roofing tacks that some wise kids had placed precisely in the right path of the next vehicle to pull up to the drive thru to order.


I was furious! And let me tell you, I let the poor kid at the other end of the microphone know how upset I was that this had just happened to my back tire as I drove up to give her my order. She was speechless, of course and said absolutely nothing back to me accept, “That will be $7.26. Please drive forward.”


I pulled forward and looked back at my tire through the side view mirror. There on the pavement, lay 5 packs of ketchup......all popped open......from my back left tire running over them.



Well........it sounded like gunfire to me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are, and we wouldn't want you any other way!!

    ReplyDelete