Sunday, January 11, 2009

We Have The Power To Make A Difference

I believe we have to find our purpose in life and we have to do whatever it takes to fulfill it. I also believe in the human spirit and I am amazed at how strong and capable we are when we are confronted with challenges and opportunities.

When we conquer what has been deemed unattainable, it makes the journey all the more exciting. The obstacles that we face are meant to strengthen us, not to defeat us.

When we experience hard times we sometimes forget to appreciate what we have. No matter what challenges we endure, we have to remember what we are made of and the power we have to make a difference.

So when Luke called last night and told me he knew something I should do, I immediately told him I would, even before he told me what it was. We're good like that.

So here it is folks.

Every once in a while, a challenge calls us and we simply must answer. I've accepted the challenge and will be taking part in a three day, 50 mile walk that will make a difference in the lives of those who live with multiple sclerosis (MS). I will be joining others from Myspace on a journey toward a single destination in "Challenge Walk MS", this September 2009.

Did you know that someone is diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) every single hour of every single day? This disease affects people in very different ways, from loss of balance to impaired vision to paralysis. It is a chronic, disabling disease of the central nervous system and the hope for a cure rests with continued research.

My friend KTPP (Kim The Psycho Princess), here on Myspace has MS. She is walking in this 50 mile challenge. If SHE can do it . . . I can do it.

Please help me make a difference in the lives of those touched by this challenging disease by contributing to the 2009 Challenge Walk MS.

My goal is to raise at least $1500.00 and recruit 2 others to join in the walk. Would you meet me in Milwaukee?

Visit http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Challenge/WIGChallengeWalkEvents?px=5972987&pg=personal&fr_id=10820 to donate online.

MS stops people from moving. I will be walking to make sure it doesn't.

Thank you for making a difference.

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment