Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Bleed Purple and Gold

I received an e-mail a couple of days ago that absolutely made my day! It's the little things that make my days awesome.

It was from a guy I knew in high school that was 2 or 3 years younger than me. He wasn't a boyfriend or anything like that . . . only a guy that played football. I haven't seen or heard from him since I graduated from high school in 1972. OMG! That has been 37 years!

From: Danny Eggleston
To: Carla Roberts Pryor
Date: February 3, 2009

Hey Carla,

I hope this message finds you doing great! I thought I would take a peak at this classmates.com thing - and then I saw your cheerleading picture! It put a big smile on my face! I had to send you a note. I can remember like it was yesterday - you and Glenda Faulkner giving me a ride home from football practice one day. I was so impressed with myself that I was with two senior cheerleaders!

Take care,

Danny

Of course I wrote him back. Among all the catching up between us, I told him how tickled I was that he had remembered that day and I wished I could remember it too!

It's funny that today . . . even though I don't remember it, I feel impressed, that he allowed US to give HIM a ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment